Watch a video version of this tutorial.
*Please Note: You must have iTunes installed on your computer to use this functionality.
To transfer your InstantReplay videos to your computer:
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer, using the appropriate cable (the cable which came with your mobile device).
*Please Note: If this is the first time you have connected this particular iOS device to your computer, you may be prompted (by your computer), to allow your computer to access the information on your iOS mobile device. You need to select Continue.
Additionally, you may be prompted by your iOS mobile device to trust your computer. You need to select Trust.
- If it doesn't open automatically, after you connect your mobile device, open up iTunes on your computer.
*Please Note: You may be prompted to update iTunes when the program opens. You can ignore that action for now. Additionally, your device may begin syncing to iTunes when you connect it to the computer, you can also cancel out of that action for now.
- In iTunes, click on the device icon, located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Apps to open all available applications.
- Scroll down until you find the app called InstantReplay. Click on InstantReplay.
- Select the session(s) you want to save and then click on Save to...
- Select where you want to save your videos to. Click on Save To.
- You can see the progress bar in iTunes, as your video files copy to your computer.
- Your video files are now saved to your computer. If you want to clean up your InstantReplay videos, or delete some sessions from your device to free up storage space, you can click on the desired session in iTunes, until it's highlighted. Next, press the Delete key on your keyboard. Click Delete to confirm the action.
- Your videos should now be saved to your computer. If you open the folder containing the videos, you will also see a .CSV file. This file contains all of the tagging information for your videos and is important if you're looking to upload your videos to Hudl. (View mac tutorial here. View Windows tutorial here.)