All members of the team roster have the ability to create and add videos to the team locker. This is key because the coach can have various athletes capture footage, freeing up the coaches from having to worry about recording all videos.
**Please Note: A video created within the team locker is ONLY accessible by the members of the team. If anyone shares the link to the video with someone not on your team roster, they will not be able to view the video. Additionally, at this time, there is not a way to export a video out of a team. All videos created within or imported into a team locker cannot be shared outside of that particular team.
*View a video version of this tutorial here.
To record videos and add them to your team locker:
- Open up the Coach's Eye app on your mobile device. Under the Teams section, tap on the team you wish to access.
- Next, tap on the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the Camera option to create a new recording.
Best Practices Tip: If you quickly double tap the plus icon, your camera will automatically open and you allow you to skip the step of selecting Import vs. Camera.
- To create the best video possible, Coach's Eye offers you the following tools:
1. Mute the microphone. This is a great idea when there is a lot of background noise and you know you will likely put a voice analysis over the video afterward. Examples include recording an indoor swim meet, or during a raucous wrestling match.
2. Timer. You can set a delay before the recording starts.
3. Recording quality. The lower the number, the poorer the video quality, but know that recording high quality videos means exponentially larger file sizes which means they take up more storage and take a lot longer to upload, backup, etc.
4. Front/Rear camera select. Tap to toggle between the front facing and back facing cameras.
5. Tap the grid icon to make sure your recording is lined up appropriately. Please note, the grid lines will not be included in the actual recording.
6. Tap to choose the video recording quality. Tip: Many people want to record at the highest quality not realizing lower quality is "good enough" for most cases, and high quality video makes for huge increases in uploading, file size, etc.
- Tap the red button at the bottom of your screen to start and stop your recording. While recording you can (1) pinch to zoom in and out. Tap the Delete button (2) if you want to abort the current recording. Tap Stop (3) to end your recording.
- Once you're done recording, tap on the thumbnail in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen to return to your team locker.
- All members of your team will now be able to access and view the video you just created. Tap on the video thumbnail to analyze, tag or delete your video, to get a shareable link to your video, or to make your video available offline for viewing.
Please Note: All videos you add to your team locker will also be backed up to the Coach's Eye cloud, as indicated by the cloud icon.
- Once added to your team locker, your video is viewable by all members of the team. All members will receive an in-app notification letting them know a new video has been added to the team locker and is ready for viewing.