While creating and sharing videos with your team can be very powerful, it's equally as important to provide constructive feedback and direction along with the videos, to ensure your athletes continue to grow and improve. Likewise, it's important for athletes to self-evaluate and provide peer-to-peer feedback. With Coach's Eye + TEAMS, any member of your team can analyze any of the videos in your shared team locker using voice over narration and our premium analysis tools. This is a great way for coaches to share their infinite wisdom, as well as a great self-monitoring and evaluation tool for athletes.
To analyze a team video on your mobile device:
- Open up the Coach's Eye app on your mobile device. From the Video section, tap on the team/locker you wish to access.
- Within your team's shared locker, tap on the video you want to analyze to open up the analysis view.
At the bottom of the analysis view you'll see the following options:
1. The fly wheel, which offers frame-by-frame scrubbing.
2. An option to play your original video back in slow motion.
3. The option to play or pause your original video.
- On the right-hand side of the analysis view you will see your analysis tools, including our premium analysis tools (angle, stopwatch, spotlight). Tap on the desired analysis tool to begin using it.
- Tapping a second time on the highlighted analysis tool will bring up a menu with additional analysis tools and color options.
- Tapping on the Vs. option in the upper left-hand corner of the screen will allow you to analyze two videos side-by-side. Tap Add and select a video from your team locker. Now you're ready to complete your side-by-side analysis!
- By tapping on the red record icon at the top of your screen, you can record everything you say and do during your analysis. All of your voice-over narration and analysis drawings will be captured and made into a new video that you can share. While recording, you can pause and resume from where you left off at any time. You can also restart your recording should you need to. When you're finished, tap on the red square at the top of the screen to stop recording and build your analysis.
- Once the analysis is finished building and uploaded to your team locker, it will be available for all members of the team to access.