TechSmith Relay can automatically post announcements on Blackboard. Configuring Blackboard announcements is a two-step process. First, install the TechSmith Relay Building Block on Blackboard and establish the Shared Secret. Next, configure TechSmith Relay to publish Blackboard announcements.
Important: The configuration steps vary depending on your version of Blackboard Learn™. TechSmith Relay currently supports release 9.1. The TechSmith Relay Blackboard plug-in has been tested with version 9.1.407.
Install TechSmith Relay Building Block
- Locate the TechSmith Relay Building Block (
RelayAnnounce.war) installed during the server installation at:
C:\Program Files\Techsmith\Relay Server\Blackboard Building Block.
- Go to your Blackboard site. E.g. http://blackboard.example.com.
- Click User Login and sign in as a System Administrator.
- Click the System Admin tab.
Click Building Blocks.
- Click Installed Tools.
- Click the Upload Building Blocks button.
- Under Install Building Block, browse to
RelayAnnounce.war. Click Open.
Click the Submit button and verify the Building Block is available.
- Click the Settings button. This displays the Shared Secret.
- Choose and enter a secure Shared Secret, and make a note of it as you need to enter the Shared Secret into TechSmith Relay.
Configure a Blackboard Server
1. Go to Profiles > Notification Server Setup > Blackboard Server tab.
2. Enter a title (name) for the server.
3. Enter the Blackboard URL and Shared Secret.
4. Click Save.
Tip: If the notification server type you would like to use is not available in the list of notification server, you may have to install the appropriate plug-in before you can use it. See Plug-Ins for more information.