Provide the TechSmith Relay Portable Recorder to presenters if there is any reason that presenters cannot (or should not) record and upload directly from the presentation computer. For example:
- Presenters need to record on a computer where they do not have permission to install applications.
- Presenters need to record on a computer that has limited or no network access.
- You want to collect the presentations and upload them collectively at a later time.
- You want to have presenters contact an administrator to receive a Portable Recorder.
- You want to install the TechSmith Relay portable recorder on a mobile storage device and distribute to presenters.
Administrators can select how you want presenters to access the Portable Recorder on the System Options page.
Create a Portable Recorder
Use the following process to install the Portable Recorder on a storage device, such as a USB drive.
- Click Download Portable Recorder on the Client Downloads page to save the PortableTechSmithRecorder.zip file to your computer.
- Plug in a storage device (such as a USB drive) with at least 4GB of free space.
- Extract and copy all files from the downloaded .zip file onto the storage device. All files should be copied to the top level (root) of the storage device.
- Run the Portable Recorder directly from the storage device to capture presentations on another computer.
- Return the storage device to any machine with the standard TechSmith Relay Recorder installed to submit any recordings saved to the storage device.
Upload Presentations from a Portable Recorder
To upload presentations from a Portable Recorder:
- Connect the Portable Recorder to a computer with the standard version of the TechSmith Relay Recorder installed on it.
- Make sure that the standard TechSmith Relay recorder is not running and open the TechSmith Relay Portable Recorder.
- Click View Saved Presentations. (You can also view saved presentations by opening the Upload List).
- Click Submit All to submit all of the presentations on the storage device or click the upload button to submit individual presentations.
You can submit saved presentations at any time.
- If you are online and connected to the server, your presentations will begin to upload.
- If you are offline, your presentations are stored on the computer and automatically uploaded to the server once you are online and connected.