To create a Screencast.com publish destination:
- Click Profiles > Publish Destinations.
- Click Screencast.com on the left to create a new destination.
- Enter a default folder. You can use variables to help automatically personalize the folder name.
The publish destination is saved and you are presented with a link to the Publish Account Setup for this destination.
- Click the link to continue with Publish Account Setup.
What is Screencast.com?
Screencast.com is the place to share your high-quality videos, documents, presentations, and images—simply and professionally. We never compress or alter your content...so what you upload is what viewers see. And with four levels of privacy controls, you get to decide who sees what.
Benefits of Publishing to Screencast.com
- Presenters can easily manage, organize, and delete their presentations.
- Presenters can attach additional materials to the video. For example, a viewer can download notes, the actual presentation slides, etc.
- Screencast.com is hosted by TechSmith and is helpful for customers with limited bandwidth and media storage space.
- Presenters can exercise individual control over how their content is protected.
- Presenters can allow viewers to comment on their presentations. See http://www.screencast.com/answers for more information.
Presenter Accounts for Screencast.com
When publishing to Screencast.com, set the Publish Accounts to Use presenter account.
Every TechSmith Relay presenter needs a Screencast.com account. To obtain Screencast.com accounts, visit http://www.screencast.com. Accounts are not created via TechSmith Relay.
By default, presentations are stored in the TechSmith Relay folder on Screencast.com. TechSmith Relay Administrators can create multiple Screencast.com destinations for organizational purposes, and can also create multiple folders for presenters. Presenters may also create their own folders on Screencast.com and assign them to their profile.
Presentations are not published until presenters sign in to the TechSmith Relay website and enter their account information. Ideally, introduce presenters to the TechSmith Relay website and have them enter their Screencast.com information before making recordings.
Presenters that make a recording and upload a presentation before the information is entered receive an email with a hyperlink and instructions to solve the problem.