Enabling TechSmith Relay to send publish notifications to a Moodle 2.0 or later server requires two steps. This topic covers the first, installing and configuring the plug-in on the Moodle server. The second is step is to Configure TechSmith Relay to Send Notifications to Moodle.
Install the TechSmith Relay Plug-In on the Moodle Server
- On your TechSmith Relay server, navigate to
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Relay Server\Moodle Components\.
- Extract the
techsmith_relay.zipfile to your Moodle server in the
- Log in to the Moodle website as an administrator and go to Home.
- A prompt appears to upgrade the TechSmith Relay Notification plug-in. Click Update and then click Continue to check for updates.
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > External Services and verify the service shows up in the Built-in Services List.
Configure the TechSmith Relay Plug-In on the Moodle Server
Log in to the Moodle site as an administrator. Next, Navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Overview. The instructions in the overview describe how to configure the TechSmith Relay plug-in.
- Enable web services.
- Enable protocols. Enable XML-RPC and Web Services Documentation.
- Create a new user to act as the "Relay User." This user is used with the web service so TechSmith Relay can access the Moodle server.
- Check for user capability. The user should have appropriate capabilities according to the protocols used. Use either an existing role or add a new Web Services role. To add a new role:
- Go to Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Define Roles.
- Add a new role.
- Give the new role System and User context types.
- Allow capabilities for this role.
- Allow Web Service: XML-RPC protocol > Use XML-RPC protocol
- Allow Forum > Start New Discussions.
- Add the new role to the "Relay User" account created earlier. Go to Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Assign User Roles
- Click on the Web Service or other role and assign to the "Relay User."
- Go to Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Check System Permissions to verify that the TechSmith Relay User has the required capabilities.
- Create a token for the Relay User.
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Manage Tokens.
- Create a new token. Select "Relay User" and TechSmith Relay Notification Service and save changes.
- Record the newly created token string. This is the token used to set up a notification on the TechSmith Relay website. It must be entered on the TechSmith Relay website when setting up the publish notification.
To finish configuring the publish notification on the TechSmith Relay website, see Configure TechSmith Relay to Send Notifications to Moodle.