The YouTube Data API lets you incorporate YouTube functionality into your own application. To configure TechSmith Relay (Self-Hosted) for YouTube integration, refer to the following steps:
- Go to https://yourrelayserver/relay/PluginList.aspx and install the YouTube plug-in from the list provided.
- Then, navigate to https://yourrelayserver/relay/PublishSettingList.aspx, click on the YouTube tab and copy the redirect URL.
- In a new browser window, sign in to https://console.developers.google.com. If you do not have a Google account, create one and then sign in.
- Create a new project or open an existing project.
- From the Project Dashboard, go to the APIs & auth tab, select APIs, and enable YouTube Data API v3.
- Then select the Credentials tab, and click Create a new Client ID to open a developer console.
- Click Create Client ID. A Client ID and Client Secret are generated for you.
- Return to https://yourrelayserver/relay/PublishSettingList.aspx, and paste the Client ID and Client Secret into their respective fields, and click Save.