While creating and sharing videos with your team can be very powerful, it's equally as important to provide constructive feedback and direction along with the videos, to ensure your athletes continue to grow and improve. Likewise, it's important for athletes to self-evaluate and provide peer-to-peer feedback. With Coach's Eye + TEAMS, any member of your team can analyze any of the videos in your shared team locker using voice over narration and our premium analysis tools. This is a great way for coaches to share their infinite wisdom, as well as a great self-monitoring and evaluation tool for athletes.
To analyze a team video on your mobile device:
- Open up the Coach's Eye app on your mobile device. From the team items section, tap on the team you wish to access.
- Within your team's shared locker, long press on the video thumbnail and tap the analyze icon to open the video in analysis mode. Or, tap on the video you want to analyze to open it and then tap the analyze icon to open up the analysis view.
At the bottom of the analysis view you'll see the following options:
1. The playback button for your original video.
2. The fly wheel, which offers frame-by-frame scrubbing.
3. An option to play your original video back in slow motion (1/2 speed).
4. The button to start and stop your analysis recording.
5. The option to compare videos side-by-side.
- On the right-hand side of the analysis view you will see your analysis tools. Tap on the desired analysis tool to begin using it. Tapping a on the highlighted analysis tool will bring up a menu with additional analysis tools and color option.
- Tapping on the compare videos option will allow you to analyze two videos side-by-side. Tap add/change icon and select a video. Now you're ready to complete your side-by-side analysis!
- By tapping on the red circle icon at the bottom of your screen, you can record everything you say and do during your analysis. All of your voice-over narration and analysis drawings will be captured and made into a new video that you can share. While recording, you can pause and resume from where you left off at any time. You can also restart your recording should you need to. When you're finished, tap on the red square icon to stop recording and build your final analysis video.
- Once the analysis is finished building and uploaded to your team locker, it will be available for all members of the team to access.