A profile consists of settings that determine how a presentation is recorded, processed, and presented. Profiles are created by the TechSmith Relay administrator. If you do not have a profile that provides you with the options that you need, see Can I Change My Profiles?
To access information on profiles available to you:
- Log in to the TechSmith Relay website.
- Click Profiles
- In the list of profiles, click a profile.
- Click Overview. See Profile Setup for additional information.
Tip: Only TechSmith Relay administrators can create or modify profiles. If you are not satisfied with existing profile options, you can select the Upload and Decide Later Profile. This sends the recording to the server where it remains until you contact your TechSmith Relay administrator to create or modify a profile.
Only TechSmith Relay administrators can create or modify profiles. If you are not satisfied with your existing profile options, contact your TechSmith Relay administrator. Consider the following questions before contacting your administrator.
- What kind of recording do you want to make:
- Will there be a lot of movement, such as video, in your presentations?
- Are you going to record PowerPoint presentations?
- Anything else the administrator should know about what you are recording?
- Are you planning on editing presentations in Camtasia Studio?
- What kind of files do you want to produce:
- Do you need multiple file types for the same presentation?
- Is there a certain kind of file you need?
- Do you want an audio-only file?
- Should the produced presentations be certain dimensions?
- Where do you want the produced files to end up:
- Do you have a file folder location for the produced files?
- Do you have an account on Screencast.com that you want to use?
- Do you want to send your presentations to a website via an FTP server?
- Do you want to send your presentations to iTunes U?
Important: Some of the options mentioned above may not be available for your use.