This behavior occurs when changing the resolution of the monitor to a non-native resolution and then trying to record.
- Exit Camtasia Editor and Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Recorder
- Click the 8.0 or 9.0 folder.
- Double-click RecorderConfig.
- Copy information in Value data.
- Open Notepad. Paste information in document.
- Find <captureEngineType>0</captureEngineType> and change 0 to 1.
- Copy and paste the information back into Value data in the registry.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.