Change the size of an image to specific dimensions in pixels, inches, centimeters, or by a percentage.
You must flatten any vector objects on the canvas to resize the image.
- To open the resize options, complete one of the following:
- In Snagit Editor, select Image > Resize Image.
- Click the Resize Image dropdown above the Recent Captures tray.
- Select a unit.
- Enter a width and height. If you want to enter dimensions at a different aspect ratio than the current image, click the Lock Aspect Ratio icon.
- Click the Advanced option to display additional options.
- Resolution: Sets the density of pixels in an image. Resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch).
- Use Resampling: Change the number of pixels in an image. Resampling up adds additional pixels to an image. Resampling down removes unnecessary pixels and can decrease the file size.
It is recommended to use the other resizing options before enabling this option. This option can permanently degrade the quality of the image.
- Click the Apply button.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.