Use the canvas to preview image or video captures before sharing.
Draw or Arrange Objects on the Canvas
The Snagit Editor toolbar consists of image editing tools to annotate, edit, and enhance image captures:
- Draw attention with arrows, text, shapes, highlighter, and callouts to highlight an area.
- Build infographics, mindmaps, and presentation slide graphics with shapes and lines.
- Hide sensitive information with a blur or cover up with a shape.
- Add stamps such as cursors, mobile device frames, proofreader's marks, or fun annotations.
- Add a sequence of numbers or letters to label steps within a capture.
- Arrange objects on the canvas.
- Combine multiple captures.
You can customize the toolbar with the frequently used tools, effects, share options, and commands. See Customize Snagit Editor Toolbar.
Common Image Editing Tasks
- Make a Selection
- Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Fill an Area with a Specific Color
- Remove Unwanted Areas from an Image
- Resize an Image
- Rotate an Image
- Create Source Graphics for Future Editing
- Convert Images
- Add an Image Effect
Tips for Working on the Canvas
- To edit moveable objects on the canvas at a later time, save images as a SNAGPROJ file.
- Drag one of the handles on the edge of an image to create more working space on the canvas.
- The checkerboard pattern on the canvas represents transparent areas in an image. To keep transparency, save the image to a file format that supports transparency. See Transparency Tips.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.