TechSmith Fuse is a mobile app that allows you to send images and videos from your mobile device directly to Snagit. You can capture, collaborate, and access your content - wherever you are.
- iOS version 9 and later (phones and tablets)
- Android version 4.0 and later
Import Images or Videos from a Mobile Device
- Install TechSmith Fuse from the Google Play Store or the App Store onto your mobile device.
- In Snagit Editor, select File > Connect Mobile Device. The Connect Mobile Device dialog opens.
- Connect your computer and mobile device to the same network. See Troubleshooting TechSmith Fuse.
- Open TechSmith Fuse on your mobile device.
- Select the media to send:
- Tap Library to import from your device or to select existing media.
- Tap Video to record a video.
- Tap Photo to take a photo.
- Tap Share and select Snagit.
If the Snagit icon does not appear, tap More.
- Tap Connect to Snagit.
- The Scanner appears. Point your camera at the QR code in the Connect Mobile Device dialog. See Tips for scanning the QR code.
The image or video is sent to the tray in Snagit Editor.
Follow these tips for scanning the QR code using TechSmith Fuse on your mobile device:
- Make sure the device is on and connected to the same network as the computer running Snagit.
- Aim the camera on the device at the QR code on the computer screen.
- Position the camera so that the QR code is centered within the corners of the Scanner screen in TechSmith Fuse on your mobile device or tablet.
About Connecting TechSmith Fuse and Snagit
- Opening the Connect Mobile Device dialog turns on the Mobile Sharing option.
- You must scan the QR code in Snagit to establish a connection between the mobile device and Snagit for sending the mobile files.
- Your mobile device and the computer running Snagit must be connected to the same network.
- You must have Snagit open on your computer.
About Mobile Sharing with TechSmith Fuse
Mobile Sharing allows Snagit to receive files from TechSmith Fuse. It is turned off by default and will only turn on if you:
- Connect TechSmith Fuse to Snagit from a mobile device.
- Select Snagit Editor > File > Editor Options > Advanced tab > Enable sharing to Snagit.
Once Mobile Sharing is turned on, you can connect Fuse to Snagit. Mobile Sharing continues to run until it is turned off.
Snagit opens a port on your computer to establish a secure connection between your mobile device and Snagit. If you have security concerns about the connection remaining open after you have transferred the files from Fuse, you can turn off Mobile Sharing.
Turn Mobile Sharing Off:
Select Snagit Editor > File > Editor Options > Advanced tab > click the Enable sharing to Snagit option. Mobile Sharing may also turn off if interrupted. This can happen if:
- Your network/router becomes disconnected or needs to be reset.
- Your computer automatically generates new IP addresses.
- You change network providers.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.