Add captions, headings, or other text to an image.
Tools are only available for image captures. Share your video to Camtasia to enhance it with annotations and effects.
- In Snagit Editor, click to select the Text tool.
- The tool properties open. Select a style from the Quick Styles or edit the properties to customize the text settings.
- To select the text color, click the Outline or Fill dropdown and complete one of the following:
- Click to select a color from the preset colors or from the color palette.
- Click the Eyedropper tool and then click to select a color from anywhere on the screen.
- Enter a HEX or RGB value into the field.
- Click and drag to draw a text box on the canvas.
- Enter text within the text box.
TIP: Add to Quick Styles
As you edit the properties, a new Quick Style appears at the bottom of the Quick Styles. Click the icon to save the custom style for future use.
- Click to select the text box on the canvas.
- To move the text box, click within the text box and drag it to a new position on the canvas.
- Use the handles to control the following:
- To resize the text box, drag the white handles.
- To edit the font, color, or text size, click and drag to select the text or double-click to select all text. Use the options in the text editing toolbar on the canvas to edit the text.
- To rotate the callout, drag the green handle.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.