When attempting to play back content using the TechSmith Smart Player on iOS, the app continuously loops between the App Store download page and the content. It never plays back the content.
This behavior occurs if the iPhone being used is running iOS 9.2 or later. To resolve the problem, follow the steps below after producing and sharing the project using the TechSmith Smart Player.
This will cause any quizzing to stop working in the video. This will only allow table of contents, hotspots, and closed captions to work via the iOS Smart Player App.
- Download the file attached at the bottom of the page. Double-click the ZIP file.
- Locate the Production folder containing all of the files produced from Camtasia Studio.
- Open the Scripts folder inside the Production folder.
- Replace the "techsmith-smart-player.min.js" file in the Scripts folder with the new file from the ZIP file.
You may be asked if you would like to replace the existing file. Select Yes to replace.
- Upload the entire production folder to your server. The content should play back correctly using the Smart Player App on iOS.