After installing Snagit 13, the following error message appears. The Editor will also hang or crash.
This problem has been fixed in the latest version of Snagit. Please download and install any available updates by going to the file menu Help > Check for updates. Or the update can be manually downloaded and installed here.
This problem most commonly occurs when there is a conflict with third party software. The most common conflict is with the Jaksta audio component that is included in some programs such as Replay Media Capture by Applian Technologies, and Jaksta Media Recorder. We are still investigating the root cause of the problem.
- Close out of all programs running on your system
- Download the attached zip file at the bottom of this page
- Double click the zip file to unpack the file
- Run the "ExcludeSnagitFromJaksta.reg" file by double clicking it
- Click Yes/OK to the prompts
- Restart the machine, and try both Snagit and any other media capture programs you may have installed. Confirm that both open and operate normally.
If this process does not resolve the problem for you, please submit a ticket with us to troubleshoot further.