The Translate option helps you to quickly create images for multiple languages. Snagit extracts the source text from text annotations and callouts into a .xliff file to send to your translator. You can import the file into Snagit to automatically generate translated images.
Send Text for Translation
- In the library, select .snagproj files with text annotations or callouts.
- Click the Translate button to extract the text for translation.
- In the Extract As field, enter a project name.
Snagit tags the source files with a project name and a language tag so you can quickly locate the images in the library.
- Select a location to save the .xliff file.
- Click the Extract button.
- Send the .xliff file to your internal translator or localization vendor to add the target language translations.
After the text translations are added to the .xliff file, you can import the file into Snagit Editor to automatically generate the translated images.
- In Snagit Editor, select File > Import/Export > Import Translation.
- Select the .xliff file that contains the translations and click Open.
- Select the translated language from the dropdown and click OK.
- Snagit automatically generates the localized images based on the translations in the .xliff file. Snagit tags the translated images with a project name and a language tag so you can quickly locate the graphics in the library.
- The Review Imported Translations dialog appears if there are any images or issues for you to review.
Click a message in the list to open the file to review on the canvas. See Review Translated Images.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.