In Camatasia 9, if you have the Vorbis.acm codec installed it can cause frequent crashing in the following scenarios of the software.
- Starting a recording
- Opening Tools->Options in recorder
- Closing recorder
- Enabling audio in the recorder
- Fail to launch recorder if audio already enabled
- Starting voice narration
- Opening Help > Technical Support dialog
- Closing editor
- Opening getting started project
- Starting a recording with the PPT Addin
- Within the PowerPoint add-in clicking on Addin Options
- Browse to this folder on your machine and locate the file: C:\Windows\System32\vorbis.acm
- Right click on vorbis.acm and rename it to vorbis.acm.bak
- Then restart Camtasia and see how it works.
*If you do not see vorbis.acm, please submit a support ticket here so we can troubleshoot your issue.