When Exporting a project from Camtasia 3, the resulting video is black or a section of the video is black (no video but audio is still playing).
- Update Camtasia to the latest version by going to Camtasia 3 > Check for Updates..., restart your computer and then try exporting again.
- Make sure the project itself (.cmproj) is on an internal hard drive and not an external hard drive. If it is on an external hard drive, move it to an internal hard drive, open it from the internal drive and try exporting it to an internal hard again.
- Make sure you are exporting to an internal hard drive and not an external hard drive
- Change the Profile of an export:
- Click on Share>Local File...
- Click on the drop down menu for File Format: and choose Export to MP4 (.mp4)
- Click on the drop down menu for Profile: and choose Baseline (Larger file, widest compatibility)
- Hit OK and then Export
*If this workaround does not seem to resolve the problem, please contact support for further assistance.