Some videos appear to be squished vertically or horizontally in Camtasia 9.
This resolves the vertical video problem.
This is a known issue that is fixed in Camtasia 9.0.1 and later. Select Help > Check for Updates in Camtasia to install the latest version.
This resolves the horizontal video problem as well as GoPro videos and others.
This behavior occurs if there is an extra time-code stream in the file container. The best workaround is to follow the steps below:
- Download TimeCode Removal.zip.
- Extract the files to a folder on the desktop.
- Copy only the files in the folder and paste them here: C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 9
- Run RemoveTimecodeTrack.exe.
- Click Load Files and choose the file having the problem. Then, click OK.
- Add the new file to Camtasia 9.