IMPORTANT: Changes in Relay 5.1.2 AND LATER require ALL Mac Recorders to be updated to allow them to connect to the updated Relay server.
TechSmith Relay version 5.1.2 maintenance release is a server update intended for all Self-Hosted Relay systems. This, and later releases contains the following fixes and additional features to improve the performance and stability of the Relay Server and clients.
- Apple QuickTime is no longer required on the Relay Server due to security concerns
- Mac Recorder has been rebuilt and is now compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Note: Recorder Support for Mac OS X 10.9 has been dropped
- Server Administrator can choose to enable upload over HTTPS, allowing HTTP to be disabled
- Note: When disabling HTTP, ALL recorders older than version 5.1.2 must be updated
- Productions using SmartPlayer can obtain the player from CDN, allowing it to remain up to date
- Performance of image-only submissions has been dramatically improved
- Encoding performance of h.264/mp4 submissions has been dramatically improved
- Added support for SQL Server 2016
Other fixes include:
- Mac Recorder version now reported correctly to server in client diagnostics
- Mac Recorder prompts for recording profiles correctly when user logs in
- Mac Recorder hotkeys are saved correctly
- Mac Recorder is now more resilient when USB Audio devices are removed during recording
- Relay Website working correctly with Microsoft Edge
- No longer missing XML Metadata for SmartPlayer outputs using WebDav, File System and Sharepoint publishing destinations (when XML option is enabled)
- Captioning step can be skipped with some profiles
- Captions sent to YouTube destination work properly
- YouTube publishing profiles will need to be re-authenticated for the captions to publish properly. For instructions, see this article.
- Videos created while recording PowerPoint Mac encode properly
- Videos created with iTunes metadata in header encode properly
- XML Metadata correctly lists files from successful presentations
To download the Latest Relay Server Installer, click here.
Relay Version 4.x customers must obtain a new Relay 5.x license prior to upgrading. Please contact our sales team to obtain this updated license.