When installing Camtasia, the following error message appears.
"Error Code: (5) Access is denied."
Option 1: Run as administrator
- Locate the Camtasia EXE file that was downloaded. If you need to re-download Camtasia, you can do so here.
- Once downloaded, right click on the file and choose "Run as administrator"
Option 2: Disable anti-virus
Some anti-virus applications can block Camtasia from successfully installing. If possible, try temporarily disabling your security software, and then try installing Camtasia again.
Option 3: Manually install Microsoft .NET Framework
Camtasia 8 and later requires that the Microsoft .NET Frame 4.6 be installed. If this is not installed, then the Camtasia installer will attempt to download and install it automatically. If there is an error in this step, this can cause the Camtasia install to fail. Manually downloading and installing the .NET Frame work can help in some cases.
- Download and install the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework here.
- Once installed, reboot your computer.
- Now, try installing Camtasia again
Option 4: Contact local IT
If all of the options above fail, there may be a policy on the computer that is preventing the install. Contact your local IT team to see if they are able to assist in installing Camtasia.