TechSmith Smart Player is designed to support interactive video features and ensure playback across web browsers and devices. Smart Player is required for playback if your video contains:
There are two options to use the TechSmith Smart Player:
- Upload the video to Screencast.com.
- Produce a video with Smart Player and host the files on your own website.
Host on Screencast.com
Hosting your video on Screencast.com provides the optimal viewing experience since the TechSmith Smart Player is built in. Viewers do not need to download or install anything. Select Share > Screencast.com.
Host on a Website
When you produce a video, Camtasia generates a MP4 video and the required files for hosting on a website. You can then upload the produced files onto your web server.
- Select Share > Local File > MP4 with Smart Player.
- Upload the production files to your web server.
- On your webpage, link to the .html file in the uploaded files. To learn how, see this support article.