Insert a quiz or survey into your video to:
- Test viewer's knowledge through multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer, and true/false questions.
- Add open ended questions to gain feedback or gather user information such as an email address to contact the viewer at a later time.
The TechSmith Smart Player is required for table of contents, closed captions, search, quizzing, and hotspots in a video. To include the TechSmith Smart Player, produce the video to MP4 or share to Screencast.com.
Set Up a Quiz
- Select media or move playhead to desired quiz location then click the Interactivity tab.
- Choose to add quiz to media or timeline.
- Quiz is added and quiz mode is turned on.
- Add questions and set options in Properties.
- To add another quiz, move cursor along timeline and click to place quiz. As long as quiz mode is "on," you are able to add new quizzes.
- To turn "off" quiz mode, click the small arrow next to Quiz under the timeline toolbar.
Quiz Questions and Options
|Perform this action...||Do this...|
|Create questions||Click the Questions sub-tab.
|Choose a question type||
Click Type. Select question from dropdown.
Click in the Question field. Immediately type question.
|Enter or select answer||
For true/false, choose answer type.
For all other questions, click in the answer field. Immediately type answer.
|Give feedback for answers||
Check the Display Feedback option.
|Preview how quiz appears to your viewers||
Click the Preview button.
|Enter quiz name||Click the Quiz Options sub-tab.
Enter the name in the Quiz Name field.
Click the Quiz Options sub-tab.
Leave the Score Quiz option unchecked.
|Get scores and information about quiz||See Quiz Reporting.|
Working with Quizzes
|To perform this action...||Do this...|
|Customize color, look, style, and more||Select quiz on timeline, click Properties.
Right-click a quiz on timeline and choose editing option from menu.
Select a quiz on a clip or media, press Delete on keyboard.
|Change media quiz to timeline quiz||
To change a media quiz to a timeline quiz, or vice versa:
You can report the results of the quiz through email or via a SCORM-compliant Learning Management System (LMS).
- If you choose to have quiz results delivered by email, you receive the results through email via the Camtasia Quiz Service.
- The quiz service takes the collected quiz data and sends it to the quiz creator in the form of two CSV reports: Summary and Detailed.
About the CSV Report
The Summary CSV report contains a total score and percentage for each person, per video. While a video may have several quizzes, the summary report combines the scores from all quizzes in the video to give one overall score.
- The Detailed CSV report contains a time stamp, detailed question/answer scores, text field entries, and more.
- The reports are in a comma delimited CSV text file format. This format is best viewed in a program that allows you to easily manipulate data in columnar format like Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets.
- Reports are sent once each day. No reports are sent if there is no new data collected.
- Reports aggregate data. So, each report contains both old and new data.
- You cannot unsubscribe from the Quiz Service. The only way to stop getting reports is to stop having people take the quiz or take the video down from the Web.
- You cannot change the reporting email address.
Production Wizard Reporting Options (Windows)
The quiz reporting options are available in the Production Wizard when you choose Screencast.com, or an MP4 option with Smart Player.
Share Video Wizard Reporting Options For Mac
The quiz reporting options are available in the video Share screen when you choose Screencast.com, or Local File > MP4 option.
Report quiz results using SCORM
(Only available with Share > Local File > MP4)
|Provides a packaged eLearning lesson with the video using SCORM.|
|Report quiz results through email||
Enter, then re-enter, the email address of the person to receive the quiz reports.
Choose viewer identity requirements.
Require a name and email from the viewer taking the quiz / survey
Allow them to take the quiz / survey anonymously.
Change the text viewers see when they take the quiz or survey.
If you create a survey instead of a quiz, you can change the Take quiz now button to read Take survey now.