Hotspots provide a clickable call-to-action in a video for viewers such as:
- Open the next video in a series.
- Provide a link to subscribe to your newsletter, channel, or social media.
- Jump to a specific point in a video to learn more based on viewer's interest.
- Provide a link to purchase your product or software.
Add a Hotspot
- Click the Visual Effects tab.
- Drag the Interactive Hotspot effect onto visual media on the timeline.
- Click the Properties button to customize the hotspot. The default pauses the video at the end of a hotspot and requires the user to click to continue. Other options include:
- URL: Send the viewer to the URL entered.
- Marker: Send the viewer to a specific marker in the video. You must have markers on the timeline to select this option. See Add Markers.
- Time: Send the viewer to a specific time or frame in the video.
To test the URL, Marker, Or Time options, click the Test button.
The TechSmith Smart Player is required to display hotspots in a video. See Playback Requirements for Quizzes, Hotspots, and Captions to learn how to produce a video with interactive hotspots.