The web camera turns on as soon as Snagit is started, even if I am not recording, or if the web camera is disabled in Snagit.
This is a known issue that we hope to fix in a future release. As a workaround, please follow the steps below.
- Make sure Snagit 2018.2.1 or later is installed. To check for updates, click Help > Check for updates. Or, download the latest from our Alternate Downloads page.
- Exit Snagit and the Snagit Editor. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit.
- Click the snagit folder.
- Right-click the AllowOpenAllAudioAtStart item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data field from 1 to 0, and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Snagit, and try a new recording.