When opening a project, Camtasia hangs or crashes as shown below.
This is a known issue that is fixed in Camtasia 2018.0.2 and later. Select Help > Check for Updates in Camtasia to install the latest version.
This behavior can occur when the following conditions are met:
- Camtasia 2018.0.1 is installed.
- A sketch motion callout is in the project.
- The decimal symbol in Windows is set to a comma (,).
A few workarounds in resolving this issue are:
- Open Settings > Apps > Apps & features and uninstall Camtasia 2018.0.1. Then, reinstall Camtasia 2018.0.0.
- Create future projects without using sketch motion callouts.
- Open Control Panel > Clock and Region > Region > Additional Settings and change the comma (,) to a decimal (.) in Decimal symbol. This could have adverse effects for other software.