When opening a project Camtasia hangs as shown below or crashes.
This issue has been resolved in Camtasia 2018.0.2 which can be downloaded here.
This behavior can occur when the following conditions are met:
- Camtasia 2018.0.1 is installed.
- A sketch motion callout is in the project.
- The decimal symbol in Windows is set to comma.
Our development team is currently working to resolve this issue. There are three workarounds for this problem:
- Uninstall Camtasia 2018.0.1 from the control panel and then reinstall version 2018.0.0 from here.
- Create future projects without using sketch motion callouts.
- Open the Control Panel > Clock and Region > Region > Additional Settings and change the decimal symbol from a comma to a period (this could have adverse effects for other software).