When opening a project Camtasia hangs as shown below or crashes.
This issue has been fixed in Camtasia 2018.0.2 and later. To update, open Camtasia and click Help > Check for updates.
This behavior can occur when the following conditions are met:
- Camtasia 2018.0.1 is installed.
- A sketch motion callout is in the project.
- The decimal symbol in Windows is set to comma.
Our development team is currently working to resolve this issue. There are three workarounds for this problem:
- Uninstall Camtasia 2018.0.1 from the control panel and then reinstall version 2018.0.0 from here.
- Create future projects without using sketch motion callouts.
- Open the Control Panel > Clock and Region > Region > Additional Settings and change the decimal symbol from a comma to a period (this could have adverse effects for other software).