After recording a black frame appear's in the recording. This is usually within the first second of the video. As you play back the video in the timeline you will notice a black flash in the preview window.
We have a workaround to the issue.
- Exit Camtasia and the Camtasia Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\18.0\Camtasia Recorder\18.0.
- Click the 18.0 folder.
- With the 18.0 folder selected, you should see an item on the right called "RecorderConfig" - double-click RecorderConfig.
- In the window that opens, copy all of the information in the Value data field and paste it into a new Notepad document.
If you do not see anything in this field, it is still there. Put your mouse cursor in the box, then press Control + A to highlight everything in it. Press Control + C to copy it to your clipboard, and then paste it into a new Notepad document.
- Find <captureEngineType>0</captureEngineType> and change the 0 to a 1.
- Copy all of the information in Notepad, and then paste it back into the Value data field in the registry window.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia to try a new recording.