How do I update Camtasia production files to use the latest version of the TechSmith Smart Player?
The TechSmith Smart player is made up of these files:
- techsmith-smart-player.min.css - All the CSS used to display the TechSmith Smart Player
TechSmith provides an endpoint that will always resolve to the newest major version of each of these files (CDN). These links will always be up-to-date without doing any further edits to your Camtasia local productions.
Option 1: Update Local Files
- Download the files above to your desktop.
- Copy techsmith-smart-player.min.js from above and paste it into this location within your local production from Camtasia (this will overwrite the file in that location): scripts\techsmith-smart-player.min.js
- Copy techsmith-smart-player.min.css from above and paste it into this location within your local production from Camtasia (this will overwrite the file in that location: skins\remix\techsmith-smart-player.min.css.
Option 2: Use CDN Links Directly
You can replace the existing references to the Smart Player files with the full path to that file on the CDN. When deployed to production, the latest major version of the TechSmith Smart Player will be used.
- Open the (Production Name)_player.html file that was produced by Camtasia.
- Paste in the full URL of the CSS file as shown here.
- Then paste in the full URL of the JS file as shown here.
- Save the HTML file.