When trying to record with Snagit on macOS 10.14, the recording hangs and does not begin the recording.
This problem can happen if Snagit has not been granted access to the microphone and web camera through the macOS System Preferences. Follow the steps below to grant Snagit access to the microphone and web camera.
- Close out of Snagit.
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and enter your password.
- Select Microphone from the list on the left.
- Select Snagit from the list on the right to grant access to the microphone.
- Repeat these steps for the Camera.
- Try a new recording in Snagit.