The Snagit installation fails with the error "Setup Blocked. Setup has detected that the application is currently in use..."
This error will appear if there is a Snagit process running while trying to install an update, or another version of Snagit. Click the Close Snagit button to shut down any background processes. Once the processes shut down, the installation will continue automatically.
If the installation never continues, follow the steps below to force close any Snagit processes.
- Click Exit on the error message.
- Press Control+Alt+Delete on your keyboard, and open the Windows Task Manager.
- On Windows 10 and 8, click More details in the lower left corner (if visible). For Windows 7, click the Processes tab.
- Locate all items with 'snagit' in the name, and right-click on them and choose End task.
- Close the Task Manager and try installing Snagit again.