When attempting a video capture with the Relay Recorder for Windows, the following error is displayed:
An unknown error has occurred. Please try recording again. If this problem persists, please contact Technical Support.
If you are running a Windows 7 machine, please try the steps below.
- Exit Relay Recorder. Confirm that it is not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\RelayRecorder.
- Click the RelayRecorder folder.
- Right-click the UseAlternateWin7Encoder item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data field from 1 to 0, and press OK (if this value is already set to 1, change it to 0)
- Close the Registry, and open Relay Recorder, and try a new recording.
Otherwise, please create a ticket from the link at the top of the page.