- Match the recommended image resolution to insert an image into a website
- Adjust the image resolution to insert into a specific area in a document
- Adjust the image orientation to create a printed document
Resize an Image
Vector objects on the canvas cannot be edited after resizing an image.
- In Snagit Editor, select Image > Resize Image.
- Select an option from the Units dropdown:
- Percent: Scale image based on a percentage of the current image size.
- Pixels: Scale image based on screen pixels.
- Inches: Scale image based on inches.
- Centimeters: Scale image based on centimeters.
- Enter a Width and Height based on the selected unit. Click the icon to enter units at a different aspect ratio.
Changing the aspect ratio may blur or skew the image.
- Click the Advanced option to display additional options.
- Resolution: Set the density of pixels in an image. Resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch).
- Use Resampling: Change the number of pixels in an image. Enable resampling to add pixels to an image. Disable resampling to remove unnecessary pixels which can decrease the file size.
Use other resizing options before enabling Use Resampling. This option can permanently degrade the quality of the image.
- Click the Apply button.
Rotate an Image
Vector objects on the canvas cannot be edited after rotating an image.
In Snagit Editor, select Image > Rotate > select a rotate option:
- Clockwise: Rotate image 90 degrees clockwise.
- Counter Clockwise: Rotate image 90 degrees counter clockwise.
- 180 Degrees: Rotate image 180 degrees.
- Custom Angle: Enter a custom angle in degrees.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.