Capture a screenshot or video of anything on your screen with Snagit.
To learn how to capture with Snagit, see the following topics:
Open the Capture Window
- On Windows, click the Snagit icon in the taskbar or notifications area.
- On Mac, click the icon in the menu bar.
- In Snagit Editor, click the Capture button.
Capture Window Overview
In the Capture window, select the capture type and settings to capture anything on the screen.
Quickly capture an image, video, or panoramic capture. See Take Your First Capture.
Customize the settings to capture an image. Automatically add effects, share directly to a destination, and more. See Capture an Image.
Customize the settings to capture a video. Set up audio or a webcam device for video. See Record a Video.
Save frequently-used capture settings as a preset to increase capture speed and efficiency. Click the Presets button to open the list of presets. See Save Capture Settings as Presets.
Click the Capture button to start a capture with the current settings selected on the tab. You can also start a capture using the global capture shortcut, press Print Screen (Windows) or Control+Shift+C (Mac). See Customize the Snagit Hotkeys.
Take Your First Capture
- Set up what you want to capture on the screen.
- In the Capture window, click the All-in-One tab and click the Capture button or press Print Screen (Windows) or Control+Shift+C (Mac).
- The orange crosshairs appear. Click and drag on the screen to select the area to capture.
- The All-in-One toolbar appears. Select an option:
The capture opens in Snagit Editor where you can preview, edit, and share the capture.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.