Quickly record anything on your screen with the new Launch Recorder video recorder.
Record a Video
- Sign into Screencast. Click the Launch Recorder button.
- The Launch webpage opens. If a prompt appears, allow your computer to open the application.
- If you have not previously installed TechSmith Capture, click the download and install link.
- After you download and install the application, click the relaunch link.
- The Recorder opens. Select the recording settings:
- Screen area selection: Select Fullscreen to record your entire screen or select Region to record a portion of your screen.The crosshairs appear after clicking the Record button for region recordings. Click and drag to select the area to record.
- Microphone Audio: Select an audio recording device from the Record microphone dropdown.
- Webcam: Record live video from the connected or built-in webcam. Click the link to select the connected camera device. Screen video is not recorded when the webcam option is enabled.
- System Audio: Record the sound from your computer such as application alerts or the audio playing from your computer speakers.
- Record Cursor: Record the cursor to help show where the action occurs on the screen.
Record a 10-15 second test recording to check to make sure your audio and video devices are set up properly.
- Click the Record button or press Shift+F11 (Windows) Command+Shift+1 (Mac).
- The video recording toolbar appears. Review the recording area selected and settings. To start the video recording, click the Record button.
- Click the Webcam button or Microphone Audio button to toggle on/off while recording.
- To pause recording, click the Pause button.
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button.
- The Preview dialog appears. Click the Upload button to upload your content to Screencast.
To share the video, see Share a Single Media File.
For quick access, you can add TechSmith Capture to your taskbar. Click the Windows Start button and browse to TechSmith Capture in Apps. Right-click the TechSmith Capture option and select More > Pin to taskbar.