When attempting a video capture with the Classic Recorder for macOS 10.15 Catalina, the Classic Recorder (silently) crashes.
This problem can happen if Classic Recorder has not been granted access to the screen recording through the macOS System Preferences. Classic Recorder does has not been fully optimized for macOS 10.15 at this point in time, however you can follow the steps below to grant Classic Recorder access to the screen recording.
- Close out of Classic Recorder.
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and enter your password.
- Select Screen Recording from the list on the left.
- Select TechSmith Relay from the list on the right to grant access to the Screen Recording.
- Try a new recording in the Classic Recorder.