When attempting a video capture with the TechSmith Relay Recorder for macOS 10.15 Catalina, all applications are hidden and only the desktop is displayed.
This problem can happen if TechSmith Relay Recorder has not been granted access to the screen recording through the macOS System Preferences. TechSmith Relay Recorder does has not been fully optimized for macOS 10.15 at this point in time, however you can follow the steps below to grant Relay Recorder access to the screen recording.
- Close out of the TechSmith Relay Recorder.
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and enter your password.
- Select Screen Recording from the list on the left.
- Select TechSmith Relay Recorder from the list on the right to grant access to the Screen Recording.
- Try a new recording inTechSmith Relay Recorder.