When attempting a video capture with the TechSmith Capture for macOS 10.15 Catalina, all applications are hidden and only the desktop is displayed.
This problem can happen if TechSmith Capture has not been granted access to the screen recording through the macOS System Preferences. TechSmith Capture does has not been fully optimized for macOS 10.15 at this point in time, however you can follow the steps below to grant TechSmith Capture access to the screen recording.
- Close out of the TechSmith Capture.
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and enter your password.
- Select Screen Recording from the list on the left.
- Select TechSmith Capture from the list on the right to grant access to the Screen Recording.
- Try a new recording inTechSmith Capture.