Create a video from a Camtasia Template (.camtemplate) to:
- Create consistent videos across your team or project.
- Quickly recreate a video based on common video elements or video type.
To learn how to create your own video template, see Create and Edit Video Templates.
- Select File > Manage Templates.
- The Template Manager opens. Select an option to import a template:
- Click the Download More Templates button to download a template online from the TechSmith Assets for Camtasia website.
- Click the Import button to import a template from your computer. Select a .camtemplate file and click Open.
The template is added to the Template Manager. The Template Manager lists all the templates currently available in Camtasia.
- Select File > New Project from Template and select a template from the list.
If the template was not previously added to the Template Manager, see Import a Template.
- The template opens as a new project. Select File > Save As to save the video project file (.tscproj).
- To switch out media or placeholders in a template, drag the new media from the Media or Library tab onto the original media or placeholder on the timeline. When a green outline appears around the media or placeholder, release your mouse button.
- A menu appears with the replacement options. If the new media is a different duration than the media or placeholder, select one of the following options:
- Ripple Replace: Shift all clips on the track to the right to insert space for the entire duration of the new media.
- Replace with Clip Speed: Increase the playback speed of the new media to fit the duration of the placeholder.
- Replace From End: Trim the new media to fit the duration of the placeholder. If the new media is longer, the beginning of the clip is trimmed to fit the duration.
- Replace From Start: Trim the new media to fit the duration of the placeholder. If the new media is longer, the end of the clip is trimmed to fit the duration.
- To share the video, see Export and Share a Video.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.