Multi-seat subscriptions make TechSmith products available for your team or organization on a recurring basis.
Currently, multi-seat subscriptions are available for the following TechSmith products:
- Video Review (yearly billing)
- TechSmith Assets for Camtasia (yearly billing)
- TechSmith Assets for Snagit (yearly billing)
- TechSmith Knowmia Pro (yearly and monthly billing)
- Audiate (yearly and monthly billing)
If you need a one-seat subscription, you can click the product in the list above and use the Buy Now option. However, please note that subscriptions purchased using this option cannot be managed at manage.techsmith.com.
To purchase your first multi-seat subscription for Video Review, Assets for Snagit, Assets for Camtasia, Knowmia Pro, or Audiate, please contact our Sales team. You can then manage your subscription at manage.techsmith.com—assign the purchased seats to end users, subscribe for additional products, return unused seats, and more.
You can purchase a product for a specific period of time—typically, a year or a month. After this, you can renew the products in your subscription or let them expire.
If you are new to multi-seat subscriptions and want to get a deeper insight into how they work, this article is a great place to get started. Let’s take a look at an example of a multi-seat yearly subscription.
Yearly and monthly multi-seat subscriptions were designed with the following key points in mind: “container” concept, recurrence, proration, and ownership.
Subscription is a “container” for products.
You can think of a subscription as a box containing the purchased products. The box exists as long as you are subscribed for at least one of these products: Video Review, Assets for Snagit, Assets for Camtasia, Knowmia Pro, or Audiate.
That is, a subscription is created when you purchase any of these products, and the subscription is deactivated when the last product expires.
For more details, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Create and View Subscription.
Subscription remains valid during your billing period (a year or a month) and is renewable.
Video Review, Assets for Snagit, and Assets for Camtasia operate on a yearly basis. Knowmia Pro and Audiate operate on both monthly and yearly basis.
Yearly subscription example:
- When you create a yearly subscription (purchase your first product, ex. Video Review), the billing period starts and lasts for a year (ex. March 01, 2020–February 28, 2021). That is, you are purchasing Video Review for the whole year.
- During the billing period, you can purchase additional products (ex. Assets for Camtasia, Assets for Snagit, Knowmia Pro, or Audiate) and add them to your subscription. These products remain valid until the end of the billing period (ex. February 28, 2021).
- As the billing period ends, you can either let each product expire or renew it (continue using it for another year, ex. March 01, 2021–February 28, 2022).
The same applies to monthly subscriptions:
- When you create a monthly subscription (purchase your first product, ex. Knowmia Pro), the billing period starts and lasts for a month (ex. March 01, 2020–March 31, 2020). That is, you are purchasing Knowmia Pro for the whole month.
- During the billing period, you can purchase additional products (ex. Audiate) and add them to your subscription. These products remain valid until the end of the billing period (ex. March 31, 2020).
- As the billing period ends, you can either let each product expire or renew it (continue using it for another month, ex. April 01, 2020–April 30, 2020).
For more details, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Manage Renewal.
You pay less for products and seats purchased during the billing period.
When you purchase your first product (ex. Video Review), the full product price is billed (for example, $180.00 per seat per 12 months). If after six months, you decide to purchase additional seats, for each new seat, you pay roughly half the price – $90.00 – because only six months remain until the end of the billing period.
The same goes for purchasing additional products. If eight months after you purchase Video Review, you decide to subscribe for Assets for Snagit, you only pay the price for the four months that remain until the end of the current billing period.
For more details, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Purchase Products and Seats.
It is possible to create one subscription per account.
Currently, under one account, you can have only one type of subscription – either monthly or yearly.
For example, if you purchased Video Review on a yearly basis, and now want to try Knowmia Pro on a monthly basis, please use a different email address to create one more TechSmith account, and then create a monthly subscription under the new account.
Subscription can be transferred to a different owner.
Subscription owner (also referred to as “admin”) is the person whose email was used to create the account and subscription.
As a subscription owner, you can view and manage the subscription at manage.techsmith.com. If you need someone else to start managing the subscription, you can transfer the subscription ownership to another person.
For more details, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Manage Ownership.
To purchase multiple seats for Video Review, Assets for Snagit, Assets for Camtasia, Knowmia Pro, or Audiate, please contact our Sales team. After your subscription is created, you can view and manage it at manage.techsmith.com.
This help topic is for Video Review, TechSmith Assets for Snagit, TechSmith Assets for Camtasia, TechSmith Knowmia Pro, and Audiate. If you are looking for information about TechSmith Snagit, TechSmith Camtasia, or TechSmith Knowmia Enterprise, please visit our help center.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.