The Camtasia Project files (.tscproj) allow you to share your video projects to other computers and collaborate with others.
- To create and share projects as video templates, see Create and Edit Video Templates.
- To quickly export Camtasia resources for use between shared projects, see Package and Share Camtasia Resources.
Incompatible Media and Effects
The Camtasia Project file format (.tscproj) is cross-platform compatible. However, not all media and effects are supported across platforms.
Incompatible with Camtasia Mac
Incompatible with Camtasia Windows
|Video Effects||AVI, WMV, MTS||-|
|Captions||Not cross-platform compatible||Not cross-platform compatible|
|Shortcuts||Not cross-platform compatible||Not cross-platform compatible|
|Gesture Effects||-||Not cross-platform compatible|
Partially compatible (imports with project but cannot edit):
Share a Project to the Same Platform
Create a zip file to backup or share your project. Zip files contain the Camtasia Project file (.tscproj), content in the Media Bin, and enhancements added to the project.
- In Camtasia Editor:
- Windows: Select File > Export > Zipped Project.
Mac: Select File > Save As.
Camtasia saves a zipped project file to your computer.
To export all Camtasia resources, including asset libraries, presets, themes, and templates, see Package and Share Camtasia Resources.
Import a Project on the Same Platform
- Select File > Import > Zipped Project.
- Browse to the location of the zipped file.
- Windows: Click Import.
- Mac: Click Open.
- A save dialog appears. Click Save to import the project to the selected location.
Share a Project to Another Platform
- In Camtasia Editor, select File > Export > Project for Windows/Mac.
- If you receive a warning about incompatible or partially supported media in the project, click Continue to export the project.
- Name the zipped project and choose a file destination.
- Click OK.
Import a Project on Another Platform
- In Camtasia Editor, select File > Import > Zipped Project.
- If you receive a warning about incompatible or partially compatible media in the project, click Continue to open the project.
Incompatible media displays as a placeholder in the timeline. If you open the project on the original platform, the media is visible.
This help topic is for Camtasia version 2020. If you have a previous version, upgrade to the latest version of TechSmith Camtasia or view the help for another version in the Previous Versions section.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.