On the subscription management portal at manage.techsmith.com, you can purchase and manage a multi-seat subscription for these products:
- Video Review
- TechSmith Assets for Camtasia
- TechSmith Assets for Snagit
- TechSmith Knowmia Pro
As the subscription owner, you can view and manage your subscription, account details, and payment method. If you want to change who manages the subscription, you can transfer the subscription ownership to another person.
The following sections explain how to transfer or accept ownership of a subscription.
You can transfer the subscription ownership to another person at any time.
- Go to the subscription management portal at manage.techsmith.com and sign into your TechSmith account.
If the “Product subscriptions will appear here” message appears, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Create and View Subscription > Why Can’t I View My Account and Subscription section.
- Make sure that all of your payments and refunds have been processed.
- On the My subscriptions tab, click Manage ownership.
- Enter the email address of the new subscription owner and click Submit.
A subscription can have only one owner. If the “Sorry, the user with this email is unavailable” message appears, the person already owns (or is about to own) another subscription. Try using a different email address.
Also, if your account is blocked, you will see the corresponding message. To proceed with ownership transfer, please pay all overdue invoices first. For more details, see Multi-Seat Subscriptions: Manage Overdue Payments and Account Blocking.
- Review the confirmation and click Close.
The subscription status is In transfer, which means the following:
- Until the person accepts the invitation, you can view and manage the subscription as usual.
- You can revoke the invitation at any time. To complete this, click Remove () next to the person’s email address.
As a person who was selected to become a new subscription owner, you receive an email invitation.
After you click View invitation, you need to sign into the subscription management portal manage.techsmith.com and, if needed, complete your profile.
If the subscription auto-renewal is activated, you are required to set a credit card as the primary payment method. Later, you will be able to deactivate auto-renewal and if needed, choose a different payment method.
Next, you can review the subscription details and do one of the following:
- Ignore the invitation. The subscription remains in transfer until the invitation is revoked.
- Decline the invitation.
- Accept the invitation and become the new subscription owner.
If the account of the current subscription owner is blocked (ex. due to overdue payments), the corresponding error message appears. You can accept the invitation after the account of the current subscription owner is unblocked.
Once you accept the invitation, the previous owner can no longer view or manage the subscription.
The previous owner can still view the subscription history of payments and refunds made prior to the ownership transfer. However, the previous owner cannot view the subscription updates.
As the new subscription owner, you can now manage the subscription.
After you accept the invitation to manage a subscription, you become the new subscription owner.
You can fully manage the subscription:
- Purchase additional products or seats
- Manage seat assignments
- Return products or seats
- Manage renewal
However, for security considerations, you cannot view the financial data of the previous subscription owners:
- Account details
- Payment method
- History of payments and refunds
This help topic is for Video Review, TechSmith Assets for Snagit, TechSmith Assets for Camtasia, TechSmith Knowmia Pro, and Audiate. If you are looking for information about TechSmith Snagit, TechSmith Camtasia, or TechSmith Knowmia Enterprise, please visit our help center.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.