The tray shows the recent image captures, video captures, and other files opened or edited in Snagit Editor. Select a thumbnail in the tray to view the full image on the canvas in Editor.
- Click the Recent button to show or hide the tray.
- To view additional recent captures, click the Library button at the top of Snagit Editor.
Save a Capture
Snagit automatically saves any unsaved image captures as a .SNAG file (Windows) or a .SNAGPROJ file (Mac) and any unsaved video captures as a .MP4. To save image or video changes, select File > Save or Save As.
Remove a Capture from the Tray
Snagit automatically saves your capture history to the library including any files opened or edited in Snagit Editor.
Click the Close icon on a thumbnail to remove it from the tray.
- Windows: Select Edit > Editor Preferences > Library tab > Remove all items from the Tray when closing Editor. This removes all captures in the tray when Snagit Editor is closed.
- Mac: Right-click a capture in the tray and select Close Other Captures. This removes all captures in the tray except the currently selected capture.
Removing the capture from the tray does not delete the file. Click the Library button to find and open closed captures.
Delete a Capture
Create from Tray
Press Control+click (Windows) or Command+click (Mac) to select multiple images in the tray. Right-click the selected images in the tray to select one of the following options:
- Create Image from Template: Combine a series of images in a template to create a technical guide or visual aid. See Create Image from Template.
- Create Video from Images: Record a video using a set of images to show a process or a series of steps. See Create Video from Images.
- To change the size of the thumbnails in the tray, right-click the thumbnail and select Thumbnail Size > Small, Medium, or Large (Windows only).
- To view the capture metadata, right-click the thumbnail and select Details (Windows) or Get Info (Mac).
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.