When installing the System Audio Component the install fails. Recording system audio on MacOS 11 (Big Sur) with Camtasia results in distorted audio, or no audio at all.
Please make sure you are running the latest version of Camtasia. From the menu bar, select Camtasia > Check for Updates to install the latest version. If the problems continue, try the suggestions below:
Option 1: Remove Old Plugin
- Quit Camtasia.
- Open a Finder window.
- Select Go > Go to folder from the menu bar.
- Type the following and click Go:
- Delete the ACE.driver folder
- Restart the computer
- Install the system audio component from here.
Option 2: Reinstall the component
- Open Camtasia.
- Select Camtasia 2020 > Preferences.
- Select the Recording tab and then click on Uninstall Plugin.
- Close Camtasia and restart the computer.
- Download and install the System Audio Component for MacOS 11 Big Sur.
Option 3: Authorize the System Audio Plugin
- After installing the System Audio Plugin if you see an error that it needs to be authorized please open the macOS System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Select General and click the Padlock. Then enter the computer password to make changes.
- Click Allow next to System software from developer "Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC" was blocked from loading.
- Try restarting Camtasia and recording again.
macOS 11 (Big Sur) requires Camtasia 2019 or later. If you are using a previous version this has not been updated to work with the latest macOS. You can view our macOS support matrix in this article.