Record microphone audio while playing back the video on the timeline, also known as a voice over. You can paste a script to read from during recording.
For advanced voice narration recording and editing, try TechSmith Audiate.
- Click the Voice Narration tab.
- Select the audio device. To test the audio level, speak as you would during the recording. Drag the slider to adjust the audio level.
- Paste an optional script into the text box.
- Select Mute timeline during recording (Windows) or Mute speakers during recording (Mac) to prevent audio on the timeline from playing through your speakers or headphones.
- Drag the playhead to the position on the timeline to start recording audio.
- Click the Start Voice Recording button.
- Camtasia plays back the video on the timeline. Speak into a microphone to record your voice narration.
- Click the Stop button to stop recording.
- On Windows, enter a file name and click Save.
The audio clip is added to the timeline and Media Bin.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.