The absolute nightmare happened — Data loss of composition attributes between versions:
Goal: In a Snagit composition series I want to increase the text size in the flyouts for better legibility and re-export these graphic series to my website (as PNG or WEBP).
Experienced bug: Opening a .snagproj file which was last modified on 2023-06-23 (by which time I had v2023.1.3 according to my notes) today on 2023-07-24 in v2023.2.1:
- Graphic objects which were rectangular and slightly rotated now appear as ovals!
- Rotation angle was kept.
- But all former rectangular shapes got ovals.
- As soon as you do something else in this composition (like adding a shape or moving an object) this destructive change gets persisted into the file.
- If you notice such a mis-rendering / mis-iterpretation of your compisiton, the only way out is to close the file immediately without any changes.
- I also found no way to remove the rounded edges. These image objects don't have edge control like some flyout shapes have.
Please fix this!
- Or tell me whether it is now necessary to convert to .snagx
- But then again: If converting from .snagproj to. snagx I want my original compositions intact and not all suffer that same mis-rendering in bulk! If that's the way to go: Is it necessary to downgrade again prior that conversion?
Library thumbnail shows rectangular shapes:
Editor shows oval shapes
Files for inspection:
Please sign in to leave a comment.