This is your secret tool. I have been a Camtasia user since version 3 or 4. Huge fan. The Video Review platform is beyond amazing. However it seems to have some very v1 aspects to it. It would be fantastic to have the following features:
- Project Organization. Currently you can load up 25 different videos. They are not organized by project. While the 25 video limit is a small problem (charge more for a larger number of video uploads), the problem is organization. If I am working on 3 or 4 video projects that each have 5 or 10 or 15 video, there is no way to arrange them for better utility and organization.
- Notifications. Yes, emails are sent out when comments are made and issues resolved. But there is no visual way to see which videos have been replied to or need reviewing. There is also no visual way to ascertain if a video has been updated.
- Approval. We need a method to approve a video. If the edits are complete and all stakeholders are happy, then there should be a way to say the version is complete. I am sure the video editor would love to have this type of email and dashboard notification
- Metrics: It would be invaluable to have a way to see how many comments were made on a video. It would also be invaluable to see how many are resolved.
- Archive: Not sure if this is something you want to do, but to be able to archive the videos and comments would be amazing. If an archive feature is not possible, at a minimum a way to download the comments for each video to include in their project folders would be fantastic.
Keep up the good work. I would love to see these enhancements sooner than later. Even without them, this is a product that is worth its weight in gold.
Please sign in to leave a comment.