- Click New Project
- Add 5 videos to your Media Bin named: Video File 1.mp4, Video File 2.mp4, Video File 3.mp4, Video File 4.mp4 and Video File 5.mp4
- Highlight/Select them all
- Right-click and choose add to timeline at playhead
Rather than them adding in the sequence 1,2,3,4,5 you'll see (or I see) that they're added in the order 3,4,5,1,2. You then need to do the following:
- Click the magnifying glass to see all videos
- Select 1 and 2
- Drag them to track 2
- Move them to the beginning of the track
- Select 3,4,5
- Drag them to the end of 1,2
- Either move 1,2 up to track 2 or 3,4,5 down to track 1
- remove the empty track
As you can see it's annoying sequence to have to do to work around the fact that they're not added in the correct order. As of today, I've had to do that about 500 times (potentially conservative effort).
The filenames I've tried are many and varied (including the one suggested by kayakman) but none of them help.
Here's the one I'm editing now, which added as 2,3,4,5,0,1
Please sign in to leave a comment.