I have just updated to Camtasia and it seems rendering to an MP4 is much slower. I'm aware there are many variables here so there's no absolute statement I can state. But I edit/render the same type of video every month - about an hour long and basically just talking heads on a webinar. I two very simple fade transitions at the start and end (after a simply intro animation).
In short, this is the same as I have always done but the rendering is absolutely crawling.
- Normally I'd expect this to take 15-20 mins on my laptop. I think this time I'm heading for maybe an hour.
- My laptop of perfectly well spec'd for this - 12th Gen i7, 16GB RAM, etc.
- Camtasia CPU usage remains very low throughout (probably averaging 15% or less from Camtasia)
- Overall CPU (all processes) averages well below 20%
- No issues with swapping/RAM
Anyone else seeing radically slower rendering performance after upgrading?
By the way, two more general questions...
- Is there any Camtasia-specific way to regulate how much CPU it gets? Using 15% or so seems, well, a waste.
- Which bright spark at TechSmith decided the % indicator on the progress bar, while rendering, was worthy of removal? The rendering is so slow that I have to visually check the end of the progress bar to see how it aligns with others stuff on the screen, just to make sure hasn't frozen. "57%, 58%, etc..." is really quite helpful! :)
PS : I would request that responses of the form "You need to use a desktop or a better laptop" are not at play here. This same laptop has worked great with Camtasia 2021, for several months.
Please sign in to leave a comment.