After clicking Record in the top left hand corner of Camtasia to launch the Recorder, the editor minimizes but Recorder never opens.
Option 1: Run Camtasia as an Administrator
Try running Camtasia as an administrator by right-clicking the Camtasia shortcut and selecting Run as administrator.
Option 2: Reset Camtasia
- Exit Camtasia and the Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\9.0.
- Right-click the 9.0 folder, and select Delete.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.
Option 3: Force Close Camtasia Recorder
- Open the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE).
- Find Camtasia Recorder 9.
- Right-click Camtasia Recorder 9 and select End task.
- Try opening the Recorder.
Option 4: Adjust Save Preferences
This can happen after trying to open the Recorder to do a second recording. In this case, try adjusting the save preferences in Camtasia.
- Restart the computer.
- In Camtasia Recorder select Tools > Options > General.
- Click File options...
- Select Ask for file name and click OK.
- Click the Program tab and deselect the option to Hide preview window after recording is stopped.
- Try a new recording.